Now you can try out creating a Facebook ad on your own (although, you don’t actually have to place your ad at the end).
To create your Facebook ad, follow these steps:
- Fill out your Social Media Marketing Planner to get started. Make sure that you spend time thinking about the audience that you are trying to reach.
- Log in to your Facebook account. In the URL bar, type in https://www.facebook.com/advertising/
- Click on “Create an Ad.”
- Set up the destination for your ad and answer the question, “Where will people be directed to if they click on your ad?”
- To direct people to your website, type in its URL.
- To direct people to your Facebook page, choose it from the list that appears.
- Select whether you want the ad to promote your page or a specific post on your page.
- Select what people will see: a new ad about your page or stories about their friends liking your page.
- Edit your ad’s appearance. Watch the preview of your ad in the right-hand column. It will change as you make changes to your ad. Adjust the Text, Image, and the Landing View, and then scroll down.
- Choose Your Country, State/Province, City or Zip Code.
- Choose the target Age Range and Gender.
- Choose the Interest or Categories of Interest of your Target Audience.
- Choose Connections.
- Choose “Like my Page” if you want the ad to display to as many people within your target audience as possible with the goal that they will click on the “Like” button on your page.
- Choose “Click on my ad or sponsored story” if your objective is to have the ad itself clicked on.
- Set the Campaign, Pricing, and Schedule.
- Name your campaign. This name will appear as the name of your Facebook page.
- Set a budget for your campaign:
- Per day: Facebook will spend a certain amount of money per day.
- Lifetime budget: Facebook will spend a certain amount of money within a specified amount of time.
- Schedule your campaign to run within a time period or continuously.
- If you want to try out your ad, review it, and click on the “Place Order” button. You will be asked for your credit card number for billing.
- Once you’ve submitted the ad, you will be taken to the Facebook Ads dashboard where you can track the progress of your ad.
- One of the best ways to learn what does and doesn’t work for your business is to try out a variety of ads and targeted populations. When you find a combination that works, you’ll be able to create future ad campaigns that build from that success.